restdays in Karakol: happy birthday to Rachel, again. - Racpat RTW 2015-2017 - CycleBlaze

August 22, 2016

restdays in Karakol: happy birthday to Rachel, again.

Not so much to say about our restdays except that Rachel just celebrated another birthday on the road, reaching full retirement age.

After tent camping the first night, we moved into a room and have been enjoying the great breakfasts: eggs, yogurt, cheese, salami, bread,and jams. For lunch we take a walk to town where we have raided most shops and the bazaar for supplies for our next stage.

We don't quite know what to expect in Kazakhstan so it is always a good thing to have nuttela, muesli and milk powder.

Nicely decorated building in Karakol.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Street scene in Karakol. The wheel and part of the rear axle of this 4x4 came loose....
Heart 0 Comment 0
Dutch wooden shoes in Kyrgyzstan.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sheep looking with trepedation at the livestock market.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This goat is on his way to somewhere.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Horse seller at the livestock market in Karakol.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Karakol livestock market.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Karakol livestock market.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Interesting how the son is wearing the more traditional Kyrgyz hat, while dad has a baseball cap design with Kyrgyz markings.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Doing business from the back of a car at the livestock market of Karakol.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sheep seeking comfort with each other at the Karakol livestock market.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0