restday Rio Dulce: reflecting on cyclist networking - Racpat RTW 2015-2017 - CycleBlaze

June 24, 2017

restday Rio Dulce: reflecting on cyclist networking

Rest days are just plain nice and centers around food.

We start with coffee from the downstairs restaurant brought to the room. There's a fancy coffee place on the corner of the hotel, but it is not open yet. Then a walk to Bruno's for an Americano breakfast.

We hear from Curtis that Jenny is still not well and they will stay at least another day. The day is filled with walking the town which doesn't take long and shopping for a few supplies which takes even less time. Lunch is a cerviche by the bridge and water. For 60Q, we get a huge dish and a beer.

Curtis joins us for dinner across the bay at the Backpackers. We walked across the bridge and the plan to take a water taxi back. That doesn't pan out, but it's a pleasant walk back.

As we share stories, we discover that we've followed many of the same journals on CGOAB: Andy Peat and Waiyeng (Going South); Timothy Towers; William Bennett (Round the World attempt); Sam Burchell (Cycling in the Americas); Jeff and Roz Tonner (Shift Happens); Andrew and Amanda Prenty (Let's Ride Bikes!) Jacob Ashton (NITKIA); Chris Poutney; James Hall (The Lid is Off the Cage) and Jo Skeats, not on CGOAB but on Facebook. And guestbook posts from Wanda our cheerleader, and William Shaneyfelt who quickly identifies flora and fauna!

The networking this site provides is a wonderful thing. And it's great when you meet up.

Bikeshop in Rio Dulce.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Shopping for a hat. Curtis and Jennifer ride with wide brimmed hats and it provides good shade for the ears and neck. But when it is cloudy Patrick likes to take his cap off, and a large hat like this would be hard to stow.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Mule pack saddles at the hardware store.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The bridge and Rio Dulce has quite the span and clearance. We wonder whether large ships need to pass through here.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cerviche and beer for lunch.
Heart 0 Comment 0
View off the bridge.
Heart 0 Comment 0
In the evening we walk with Curtis to the backpackers place on the south side of the river. It has an excellent restaurant. Too bad Jenny is sick and not up to eating yet.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Thank you Curtis for joining us for dinner, while Jenny recovers from feeling ill. (Photo by Curtis)
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0