restday Cachicadan: drying out - Racpat RTW 2015-2017 - CycleBlaze

February 26, 2017

restday Cachicadan: drying out

Today, a rest day that was greatly needed and welcomed.

As rest days usually center around food and mealtime, Patrick ordered desayuno at 7, fried eggs, pan, mango drink and coffee. We packed up a bit since we will need to change rooms, washed a few things and hung clothes from yesterday over the balcony railing to dry.

Around 9:30, we walked to the plaza and searched for a shop to resupply our food for the road tomorrow. Finding not much open, finally locating a shop that sold pan (bread), what we needed most. Also, we picked up more tuna fish and mayo just in case tomorrow we need to camp again. On the way back through the plaza, there was a small crowd gathering and music playing. We waited a bit and watched a flag raising ceremony.

Returning to the hotel, we shifted our gear to the new room. This room also has a big tub. “Are you getting hungry yet? Patrick asks, time for lunch. We returned to the restaurant from yesterday only this time ordering carne de res (beef). This is a set menu, served soup first, then a plate of beef, rice and peas. In the afternoon we catch up on organizing our photos and write journal entries. Once we have Wi-Fi again we can update our blog. Patrick also spends some time on the bikes; Rachel has a loose headset and the chains are dirty. No sense cleaning too much since we will be riding more dirt roads in the next couple of days, but all that grit causes a lot of wear and needs to be cleaned off the moving parts and rims.

We return to the same restaurant on the main road for dinner: trucha and French fries.

Street scene in Cachicadan.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This place is for sale.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Street scene in Cachicadan.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Statue of a warrior in Cachicadan main square.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Court.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Street scene in Cachicadan.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Inside Cachicadan church.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Flag raising ceremony in Cachicadan main square.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Found a shop that has everything we need.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cachicadan main square and church.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cool balcony. Just don't try to stand on it.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another neat facade.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Working on the bikes.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0