restday at Sipi Falls: and a short but strenuous hike - Racpat RTW 2015-2017 - CycleBlaze

August 13, 2015

restday at Sipi Falls: and a short but strenuous hike

Instant friends, now we have to say goodbye. Alex and Marta, the Spanish couple with a private vehicle, are packing up as we get out of our tent. We've exchanged contact information and final photos are taken...Marta and Rachel look like twins with the same color of top and pants.

Todays goals are simple; update journal and upload pictures, and later today take a hike to the bottom of Sipi Falls. Life on the road, tough days cycling make rest days even more enjoyable.

We walk over to Crow's Nest, another place we might have stayed, to check it out and to have breakfast. We ordered pancakes and a spanish omelet and this time it was a spanish omelet. There is a great view of the falls, and the campground offers both a great view of the valley and sunset as well as the falls. The only drawback is across the road is a bar that plays loud music....all....night....yes, all night.

About 4pm, our guide takes us and Javier to the bottom of the falls. Wow, what a hike. It's almost vertical down on a path and then there is a wooden ladder that is vertical down.

Dinner is prepared for us by Javier, making a homemade pasta sauce with garlic, tomato paste and water. Then he adds 5 eggs that become scrambled up into the sauce over spaghetti noodles, and an avocado salad. Delicious!

Sipi Falls seem from Moses Campground
Heart 1 Comment 0
Lunch with the Spaniards.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Javier buying ingredients for dinner.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Enjoying the view over Uganda.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sipi Falls, the third but highest waterfall.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We hire a guide and hike down into the canyon.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Some scary ladders to navigate.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
A rainbow at the bottom of the falls.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sunset view over Uganda from Moses Campground
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Going over our routes with Javier. We think we'll ride together for a couple of days.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0