Family visit and sightseeing - Racpat RTW 2015-2017 - CycleBlaze

March 27, 2015

Family visit and sightseeing

We plan to spend a week with Patrick's family before setting off on our biketrip.

This morning our arms were sore. Last evening, Patrick's dad took us to a travel clinic to get the booster shots we needed...Yellow fever, Typhoid, and Tetanus-polio. All much cheaper than if we had gone to a travel clinic in USA.

Today we go with Linda and Marco to Rotterdam.

Day trip to Rotterdam. Thanks to the Germans bombing the center of Rotterdam at the start of WW2 we now have a very modern city center. Behind the tram station are cube-houses.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A new building in Rotterdam has two building sides with condos that meet each other over an enclosed market square. The two ends are enclosed with glass and allow a through-view and reflections.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Modern architecture and canals in downtown Rotterdam.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Erasmus bridge and off-set cube high-rises across the Maas River.
Heart 1 Comment 0
A ship museum in downtown Rotterdam
Heart 1 Comment 0
Inside the covered market place, there are condos on both sides that see out over the city and into the market. The interior walls and ceiling are covered in art.
Heart 1 Comment 0
With my sister Linda and her friend Marco at the Maas River. Behind us the Erasmus bridge and downtown Rotterdam.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The older building in front was the headquarters of the Holland-America line. From this quay the ships departed full of emigrants headed for the new-world.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rachel kisses a frog....
Heart 1 Comment 0
and finds her prince.
Heart 1 Comment 0
On Monday we do a 35km ride with my father across the Kalmthoutse Heide.
Heart 1 Comment 0
And of course stop for some good Belgium beers along the way.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0