How we invited ourselves to this Group Ride - Racpat Weiser River Trail in Idaho 2022 - CycleBlaze

April 2, 2022

How we invited ourselves to this Group Ride

on the Weiser River Trail

"Hi, my name is Rhonda H. & we live in Boise also. My husband & I rode the Northern Tier this past summer and met Patty & Chris in Washington state. We stayed at their farm for a couple days at the end of our ride. My sister saw this in Rails to Trails and sent this to me." They also had done the Northern Tier last summer (ronjonadventures.blogspot.com)

This was so exciting when we received this message through cycleblaze. Patty and Chris are Warmshowers hosts in Maine that we also stayed with on our Northern Tier ride last summer. Even more fun is how similar our monikers are Ronjon H. meet Racpat Hugens.

Rhonda's sister sent her a link to the "trail moments" article Rachel had written about riding through Wisconsin all most entirely on rails to trails. Trail Moments | A Tale of a Tour: Traveling by Trail in Wisconsin | Rachel and Patrick Hugens (railstotrails.org)

In visiting, they mentioned an upcoming ride to Mundo Hot Springs on the Weiser River Trail, being organized by Dave F. They will check with him about us joining. Another interesting connection that is in that article, we mentioned cycling through Barneveld, Dave's hometown.

We hear back from ronjon and all is good for us to join. Everyone going on the ride will meet at the trailhead in Weiser at 2pm, Earth Day.  

Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 5
Keith AdamsI'm so glad you posted this! Part of my ride home this summer will include stretches along the Weiser River Trail so I'm thrilled to get a preview.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Rachel and Patrick HugensHi Keith,
Have a great ride across country. If you are in the area when we are home (we are gone May 27 to Aug 15) we'd be trying to entice you to drop down to Boise and stay with us.
Enjoy Idaho!
Racpat
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Rachel and Patrick HugensTo Keith AdamsAlso Keith, if you are on FB the Weiser River Trail has a page with updates on conditions of the trail.
R
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Keith AdamsTo Rachel and Patrick HugensI'm a charter member of the "Facebook Is Evil Embodied" Society, and won't have anything to do with it even when I might benefit. But thanks anyhow!

I've reviewed my route and noted that the TransAm stays on the roadway immediately adjacent to the WRT in the areas I'll be riding (in fact it cuts off a few miles by shortcutting across the ends of a loop of the river, a few miles north of Council) so, if the trail looks in rough shape I can simply stay on the road.

That decision will be a "game day audible" call.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Keith AdamsTo Rachel and Patrick HugensI'm leaving Bend on 2 July, while you'll be off adventuring on the Great Divide.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago