Gallipoli - Leuca - Wandering in Puglia - CycleBlaze

May 27, 2022

Gallipoli - Leuca

We were out the door around 0930 and the wind didn’t seem too bad, so we decided to ride all the way. Of course, that meant we would get wind. There is a fairly consistent and relatively gentle climb from Gallipoli. About half the time it was good road and the other half looked to be abandoned, they were so bad. Stopped in Ugento for a Cafe Leccese, then picked up a few items for lunch and luckily found a park with a shaded bench.  It was one of those days where it is difficult to stay hydrated and it wasn’t even noon yet.

Accommodation - Albergo Del Santuario. Basic room with an acceptable bed and working AC. We aren’t carrying big locks, so they put our bikes in a locked room.

One of several we saw today.
Heart 0 Comment 0
I’ll keep on saying it. Our grocery stores suck.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Fortunately not bad enough that I felt the need to mask up while riding.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Shade and a bench. Luckily, they weren’t occupied by a bunch of old guys.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Two kilometers to Hello. Do I wave when entering the town?
Heart 0 Comment 0
That’s an impressive stump.
Heart 1 Comment 0
It’s a long way down.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Odd piece for the Santuario.
Heart 0 Comment 0
It’s a long way for the water to flow.
Heart 0 Comment 0
It’s a long way up as well.
Heart 1 Comment 0
This guy actually parks better than many. Three wheels inside the line.
Heart 0 Comment 0

That’s a lot of pear.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Heart 0 Comment 0


Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0