Bologna - Wandering in Puglia - CycleBlaze

May 11, 2022 to May 13, 2022

Bologna

You don't have to twist my arm to get me to spend an extra couple of days here. The food is amazing, plus the museums, architecture, the university, the general feel make this a city I'd like to be a temporary resident of.


Thursday was for calcio and a clock. In the AM we take a bus out to Stadio Renato Dall’Ara so my brother can pick up a couple of souvenirs. Unfortunately, we will just miss by a few days an FC Bologna match. In the afternoon the feature was the clock tower on Piazza Maggiore. We even got to take some not so code compliant wood stairs from the 14th century, so they tell people.  

The Torre dell’orologio
Heart 2 Comment 0
This sundial was used to correct the time on the clock.
Heart 2 Comment 0
The current guts of the clock.
Heart 1 Comment 0
If it’s old, it’s going to have scaffolding.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Torre dell’Orologio at night.
Heart 2 Comment 0

Friday was visiting the medical theater, followed by the old Biblioteca Universitaria di Bologna, then pranzo at Trattoria Anna Maria.  All of our walking the past couple of days called for a good riposino pomeridiano (an afternoon nap). One last evening walk through the old town and it was time to get ready to move on.

Tagliatelle al ragù alla bolognese. Anna Maria turned up on all of the best lists I read for Bologna. It was okay. The tagliatelle was a bit undercooked. But I love how cheap (and good) house wine is in Europe.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The cadaver table. If you were a criminal, you might end up here as you were not going to go to heaven. It would be sinful to carve up someone who was.
Heart 1 Comment 0
I’ve never been that skinny.
Heart 2 Comment 0
I didn’t stop in to ask what is magical.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0