Pesaro (a photo gallery) - An Italian Spring, 2023 - CycleBlaze

May 12, 2023

Pesaro (a photo gallery)

Another quick photo dump before moving on.  Even with the off and on rains, we found Pesaro a very pleasant spot to hole up for four nights.

The city building, facing one side of the Piazza Del Popolo.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The entrance to the city building.
Heart 2 Comment 0
The PTT building, facing another side of the Piazza Del Popolo.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The fountain at the center of the Piazza Del Popolo. The statue on the face of the PTT building honors the composer Rossini, who was born in Pesaro.
Heart 2 Comment 0
In the lobby of the Palazzo del Comune, also on the Piazza del Popolo.
Heart 2 Comment 0
With the off and on rains, we appreciated this covered stretch of Via Assisi, leading up to the Piazza Del Popolo.
Heart 2 Comment 0
On Via Assisi: the entrance to Santuario della Madonna delle Grazie dei Frati Servi di Maria.
Heart 1 Comment 0
On Via Assisi.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Also facing Via Assisi.
Heart 0 Comment 0
One of the aspects of Pesaro I especially appreciate: bikes everywhere.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Pesaro prides itself on its bike friendliness. There’s a small network of labeled bike routes through town and the surroundings.
Heart 2 Comment 0
In Pesaro.
Heart 3 Comment 0
In Pesaro.
Heart 1 Comment 0
On Via Rossini. Pesaro is one of the few places I’ve seen people biking with umbrellas. I wonder if this one is sheltering her kid on the back?
Heart 1 Comment 0
On Via Rossini: the facade of the cathedral.
Heart 1 Comment 2
Keith AdamsIt's rather plain and restrained as such things go, isn't it? I bet the inside is less so.
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Scott AndersonTo Keith AdamsThat was my take also. I guess I could have gone inside, but I wanted to make the most of the short dry period I had.
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
On Via Rossini.
Heart 1 Comment 0
On the left: Mozzolari Mosca Palace. On the right: Rossini’s birthplace.
Heart 2 Comment 0
In Pesaro.
Heart 2 Comment 0
In Pesaro.
Heart 1 Comment 0
New bird! #149: Eurasian blackbird.
Heart 2 Comment 2
Anne MathersI was watching ome of these outside our window this morning. I wondered what it was.
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Scott AndersonTo Anne MathersThey’re quite common here, once you start watching for them - and especially listening. They surprised me because they’re strong singers that sound like one of our thrushes back home. And in fact they are a thrush.
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
We enjoyed watching this cheerful family, the three kids skipping and hopping along behind their minder with their umbrellas bouncing up and down. Like watching Mary Poppins.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rocca Costanza degli Sforza, a 15th century fortress now used as a performance venue.
Heart 2 Comment 0
The view north from the waterfront.
Heart 0 Comment 2
Keith AdamsModern concrete, glass and steel box architecture is such a contrast to older styles. Tha collection of what I guess are mid-rise beach hotels and condos looks so bald and uninspired by comparison.
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Scott AndersonTo Keith AdamsYes, and it’s not just here. It’s pretty much the standard for the beach resorts ll along this coast.
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
The view south.
Heart 0 Comment 0
On the waterfront, at the foot of Via Rossini: the big tomato.
Heart 1 Comment 2
Keith AdamsSkillfully executed, but what's the message or intention?
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Scott AndersonFrom the City of Pesaro website: “ The imposing Sphere lying on the surface of the water of a fountain from which you look at the sea, is the bronze fusion made in 1998 by the sculptor Arnaldo Pomodoro on the polyester model that arrived in Pesaro in 1971 but made in 1967 for the Expo' of Montreal. The original work is today in Rome in front of the main entrance to the Farnesina, the seat of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.”.

The thing I like best about this is the name of the sculptor: Pomodoro (Italian for tomato).
Reply to this comment
10 months ago

____________________

2023 Bird List

     149. Eurasian blackbird 

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0