The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Cyclists - Powered by the Pedals - CycleBlaze

July 3, 2022

The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Cyclists

Ready to go on Day Two…or so we thought.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Another beautiful scene visible from the climb out of Vape Lookout
Heart 0 Comment 0

So when I woke us this morning I never dreamed the day would end the way it did. We started out with a pretty good climb. Along the way I met my new friend from our campsite and stopped to help him with a mechanical issue. Dan was lagging behind and for a darn good reason ( more on this later).  We (with my guidance) missed a turn somewhere but got to visit some little towns, including Hebo and The Hebo Market. Dan sat on the bench outside the market and I wasn’t sure he was ever going to get up (more on this later). So we ended up calling another audible and staying in Neskowin in stead of going up to Bare Farm. A 32 mile day with 1,700 feet of climbing (will be relevant shortly).  We pulled into the campsite early afternoon  and Dan went straight to bed. I rode and got him a Covid test (with Alice’s urging). That was another 23 miles up hill both ways and in the rain…ok no rain 😉. Drumroll please…POSITIVE for Covid. The question is not when he got it, or who did he get it from. The question is how the heck did he even ride at all…either day. So Dan is taking a hiatus from the ride and healing up at our Portland Family’s house. Me well I’m continuing so for now. We’ll see how that goes?

Biggest positive of the day…the market in Neskowin near the state park has really delicious baked good. If you’re ever riding by, you e got to stop in. 

Hurry back Dan BUT not until you’re really healthy. 

Today's ride: 55 miles (89 km)
Total: 4,447 miles (7,157 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 10
Comment on this entry Comment 4
Michele GordonSo sorry for this little hiccup Dan and Ian ☹️ Feel better soon Dan ……Ian …make good decisions and drink water please 😊 thank you thank you thank you Adam and John for lending me your truck to pick up Dan, setting him up in your den and taking care of him during quarantine ❤️❤️You guys are the best 😘😘…..we are alllllll cheering ya on remotely …..stay safe ….travel
Smart 😘😘😘😘
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Anil PillaiBe safe both of you!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Gary NuttHang tough, my friend (but don’t push it too hard). I talked with Mic in the evening of July 4, just after she got home, and she was walking Coop.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Younes GhanianSorry to hear that Dan. I hope you feel better soon and can continue with your adventure! Both of you please stay safe and good luck with your journey!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago