Fiddling Around: A day in Cremona - Cycle Tour in the Po Valley - CycleBlaze

May 10, 2012

Fiddling Around: A day in Cremona

We started the day with an excellent breakfast. Freshly made cappuccino, as many as you wanted, and fresh baked croissants and other pastries, fruit, musli - not to be taken for granted in a country that as a rule doesn't idulge in breakfast.

We set out on a smaller road directly behind the main road on which our hotel was located. We discovered small houses and fields, it felt like we were in the country. Along the side of the road were cottonwood trees and big fluffy pieces of pollen filled the air and lined the edges of the road, it almost looked like it was snowing.

Pollen in the air
Heart 0 Comment 0
Close-up of the cottonwood pods
Heart 1 Comment 0

Cremona has been a famous music center since the 16th century and is still known for the production of high-quality stringed instruments. Antonio Stradivari, from Cremona, was a famous luthier, producing over 1100 violins. His violins are some of the best in the world.

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0

We spent the day wandering and cycling around the city - and taking pictures of course.

Lovely fresh produce
Heart 2 Comment 0
The dark and rich colors in the cathedral reminded me of an old Dutch master.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Side entrance to the cathedral
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0