To Waging am See: Sunshine! - Hunting down Ancient Tractors between Dusseldorf and Warsaw - CycleBlaze

August 27, 2014

To Waging am See: Sunshine!

There was an unusual sight when we looked out the window this morning, the sky was blue. Even though this was the most expensive hotel we have stayed at the breakfast was the worst stale bread rolls and not much else. Never mind usually we are treated like kings.

After the way the weather has been everyone was out on their bicycles today - no touring cyclists apart from one possible large group carrying no luggage at all. The farmers too were extremely busy. All the cut grass that had been rained on yesterday was getting a fluff up to dry it out. Once more the Eis Cafes that have been pathetically empty in the last couple of days were overflowing with all the returning cyclists trying to replace any calories they may have expended on their rides. We joined them.

After 50km we had a dilemma we came to Waging am See and knew that after this there was no possible accommodation for 25km. This would be fine as long as there was some there. I called in to the Information and the excellent woman there looked things up and said infact there were very few vacancies in Cheiming and the two there were were both over 100E. She did however find us a lovely guest house in Waging for only 60E and we have settled for that. Waging is a lovely little place with the usual highly decorated church, about 4 bakeries and hundreds of very happy holiday makers. We are glad we stopped here. Mozart passed through here in 1777 on his ill-fated trip to Paris with his mother.

We don't look like this quite yet
Heart 0 Comment 0
The bridge between Austria and Germany at Laufen
Heart 0 Comment 0
A dear little chapel with only 2 tiny pews
Heart 0 Comment 0
The interior
Heart 0 Comment 0
Making the most of the fine weather
Heart 0 Comment 0
Ken didn't know what this one was
Heart 0 Comment 0
This is a Fendt
Heart 0 Comment 0
Arriving in the sunshine
Heart 0 Comment 0
The highly decorated church in Waging
Heart 0 Comment 0
Each pew has a different goose carved on it
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 50 km (31 miles)
Total: 1,440 km (894 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0