To Dusseldorf - Hunting down Ancient Tractors between Dusseldorf and Warsaw - CycleBlaze

August 4, 2014

To Dusseldorf

An amazingly easy flight as far as Dubai. Travelling in an A380 makes all the difference as it is so much more comfortable with its added leg room. Dubai airport seems to get bigger each time we come, we arrived at an A gate and leave at a C gate and the walk to get here was around half an hour, good really as we certainly needed a bit of exercise after all that sitting in the plane. The first time we landed at Dubai Airport was in 1979 when it was a tiny little airport in the middle of the dessert.

Another good flight to Dusseldorf and we were glad to eventually get all our luggage. Baggage claim area was packed so we put the bikes together on the pavement outside the terminal to provide amusement for the passers by, I particularly like the part when I unpack the duffle dags and repack all our things into panniers. Finding the hotel wasn't too bad as I had printed off google maps and it certainly was good to get there. A bit of an explore, the best part was to find that there were still cherries in the shops. So a salad for dinner and an early night. Somewhat to our amazement we slept fairly well considering the time difference from Brisbane.

This is what Dubai Airport was like when we first landed there in 1979
Heart 0 Comment 0
Starting work on the bikes
Heart 0 Comment 0
Getting there
Heart 0 Comment 0
Ready to go
Heart 1 Comment 0
The reward at the end of the day
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 3 km (2 miles)
Total: 3 km (2 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0