Passau: THE ORGAN CONCERT - Hunting down Ancient Tractors between Dusseldorf and Warsaw - CycleBlaze

September 2, 2014

Passau: THE ORGAN CONCERT

We made the Organ concert !! The story is this, the organ in St Steven's Cathedral is said to be the largest cathedral organ in the world - all five parts can be played simultaneously from the one console. Ken is a great fan of organ music and we have visited Passau 3 times previously in order to hear it. By various stuff ups on our part we have always missed it ! There is a concert everyday at midday and even though it has meant almost a 300km detour on our bikes we were determined to make it. We arrived early and even then the cathedral was filling up. At the appointed hour the entire seating in this large cathedral was full and there were people sitting on the floor. The sound is certainly impressive - I loved it when the different parts of the organ around the church were answering each other.

We have got our now sparkling clean bikes back from their service - apparently nothing of great note wrong with them except the urgent need for new bike pads. It is 4 weeks today since we started riding and a day off the bikes has been very rejuvenating. We have just poked around this beautiful old town, inspected all the cruise liners in the port and eaten a massive lunch at the bakerie that would have done Steve Miller proud.

St Steven's Cathedral
Heart 0 Comment 0
One of the large organs
Heart 0 Comment 0
A small organ by the alter
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cruise liners are right along the dock
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Rathouse
Heart 0 Comment 0
Looking back at Passau from across the bridge we will go on tomorrow
Heart 0 Comment 0
There have been some devastating floods here
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0