From Rothenburg to Dinkelsbuhl - Hunting down Ancient Tractors between Dusseldorf and Warsaw - CycleBlaze

August 16, 2014

From Rothenburg to Dinkelsbuhl

Ken writes

Last night we had liver dumplings at a downtown restaurant. There was a dog fight in the restaurant but otherwise very good. The poor people running the wine fest weren't doing well. It was too cold and windy for us and many others to eat outside.

We got going early on a cool and cloudy day. Breakfast not included and not available till 8am - so we set off at 7.00. A bakery was open in town so we ate there.

The nature of the trip changed completely today. No more of the Tauber Valley but in open farm land with lots of ups and downs. The local cyclists must know something. Instead of the hundreds we saw yesterday we saw 4 others today.

The temperature was 12 first thing and only rose to 15 by the time we arrived. The track was well marked most of the way but somehow we lost it with about 10km to go. the Gps came in handy.

There were a number of small towns/villages. We had coffee at a high point onthe track at Schillingsfurst and lunch on a seat beside the forest.

This town has a large number of old and beutiful buildings. Quite a lot of tourists and lots of mainly young people dressed in black. It is something to do with thw rock festival happening today.

Our place was pre-booked but took some finding as did the very as did the very well hidden I. The room itself is very good but no BBC, CNN etc

Now I have decent Wifi I have put on yesterdays photos

Their legs don't work too well
Heart 0 Comment 0
Happy cows
Heart 0 Comment 0
A decoration on the side of a house
Heart 0 Comment 0
Feuchtwangen
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another way of delivering the mail
Heart 0 Comment 0
Arriving in Dinkelsbuhl
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 65 km (40 miles)
Total: 768 km (477 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0