Zurich - Getting Organized and Having Fun - Poking Around Europe 5.0 - CycleBlaze

October 13, 2018

Zurich - Getting Organized and Having Fun

Zurich

We started the day by sleeping in. Not long, as our body clocks woke us up, but there was no rush to get going. I chuckled as I wrote that...we aren’t exactly known for our early starts!  Then we jumped on the airport shuttle to get some breakfast. Breakfast at the hotel is 33 CHF (about 43 dollars Canadian) and neither of us could possibly eat enough to make that economically feasible!

There are multiple restaurants at the train station attached to the airport. True confessions, we ate at McDonalds. Even there an Egg McMuffin was 8 CHF (about $10.50 Canadian) but it did include a coffee. Have we mentioned Switzerland is expensive?  

Then we did the airport recognizance. We have found the Air Canada check in, the over sized luggage drop off and the elevators. We are hoping for smooth sailing in the morning with those big boxes. Well pleased with ourselves we hopped the S Bahn into Zurich. 

The hotel shuttle. It runs every fifteen minutes.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Movenpick has service with a smile and helpfulness down to a fine science.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Zurich is a beautiful city.
Heart 0 Comment 0
On a sunny Saturday it was busy.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Last year we met Karin, another bike tourer, and spent a memorable day biking together. Today we met her for a visit and dinner. It was so much fun and we had so many good laughs about bike touring, life, and how we must keep in touch. We have had an absolutely splendid evening so this blog entry is short and sweet as we will be up early man handling cardboard boxes. 

The pictures are a bit fuzzy but they are all we have got. They give you the idea though...it was a fantastic reunion.
Heart 0 Comment 0
So much fun. Thanks Karin!
Heart 0 Comment 0

We were all rushing for our respective trains, which left on adjacent tracks within minutes of each other. Then we remembered to take pictures, and they were a little rushed, but the stars were aligned tonight and we made our trains 😀. One last memorable day this trip. 

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Helen StarkSafe travels and see you soon!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago