On Our Way - Poking Around Europe 5.0 - CycleBlaze

August 23, 2018

On Our Way

Michelle dropping us off.
Heart 2 Comment 0

As always for us, we find the start of a tour stressful, trying not to forget anything important as we seem to be forgetful by nature (and getting worse every year).  This year we added a wee bit to the stress by losing a Visa card. Keith left it in the parking machine at the airport when he went to pick up our sister in law. Fortunately he realized it was missing and someone had turned it in, but when I called the woman at lost and found told me she was going to destroy it.  What?????  Please don’t!  Luckily she listened and we were able to retrieve and reactivate the card. It wouldn’t have been the end of the world but it is always nice to have two cards minimum when travelling. 

That small crisis resolved it has been smooth sailing since. We are through security, relaxing with coffee and waiting for our favourite flight in the world - Victoria to Vancouver. It may not be as scenic today as usual as it is smoky here but it is just the right length...about 15 minutes. 

Our sister in law Michelle is taking first house sitting duties followed by my sister Nancy and her husband. They will be escaping the Smokanagan as we fondly call it, although it isn’t perfect here on the island either. Better than the interior though. Our thoughts are with all the people worrying about their homes and their health in British Columbia. We once more start a bike tour feeling very grateful. 

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Steve Miller/GrampiesThe Air Quality Health Index returned to normal here today, but the Province is still on fire. We will watch over it while you are gone.

Happy Trails!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago