Day 150 - Ilagan City, Isabela to Echague, Isabela - The Man Who Cycled The Philippines - CycleBlaze

February 12, 2019

Day 150 - Ilagan City, Isabela to Echague, Isabela

66km of smooth and well-paved roads on gentle rolling hills from KM.402 Ilagan DRRMO - Rescue 1124, where I slept last night with Kingdaren Foronda, to KM.342 MDRRMO Echague where I'll set-up my tent tonight inside a gymnasium at the back of the headquarters c/o Khreeze Palma.

Meeting new friends and strengthening old ties with ILAGAN MOUNTAIN BIKERS CLUB and CAMOTRABI. I spent 2 days and 2 nights here in Cauayan City in A to Z on a GT - Part II, from August 14 to 16, 2009, and became an honorary member of the elite and closely knit group, CA•uayan MO•untain TRA•il BI•kers, established 2007. I miss Pablo "Blue" Robles, Randy Pagulayan and Butch Maramag of IMBC, and of course, our dearly departed Felix Fidel of CAMOTRABI, as well as JM Topacio Mercader, Karl Patrick V. Madriaga and Jan Guiller Domini Magleo but it feels like coming home nonetheless.

Breakfast with ILAGAN MOUNTAIN BIKERS CLUB riders: Jay Gangan, Michael Mamauag, Marvin Dela Fuente Torreliza and Danny Dela Cruz at Thelma's Panciteria; lunch with IMBC and CAMOTRABI boss Nito Avanceña at Sandok ni Atok Eatery c/o  owner and fellow CAMOTRABI rider, Renato Rodriguez; and dinner with bro Eric Madar at Kambal Bulaluhan Restaurant, Echague.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0