Travel Day … a flight of many bumps - PedalPushin Southwest 2023 - CycleBlaze

Travel Day … a flight of many bumps

Time to add wings for a few hours. We haven’t flown during the day for years but it was nice to get one last sleep at home before aiming towards the airport. 

As we were driving in we had a short conversation regarding how easy it is for us to fly. No long drive to the airport as we are within 20-25 minutes of an international airport and an airport that has only one security checkpoint and a very few gates. At to top it off, we have lived here long enough that the Alaska Airlines representative was an old parent of a student from many years ago and as the trike boxes were checked, we caught up on family news. No fuss, no stress and security took maybe 10 minutes. 

Construction has finally come to and end … time to plane watch
Heart 2 Comment 0
Which concourse? We’ve been chasing these fish for many years
Heart 2 Comment 0

The flights down to Las Vegas were rather uneventful unless you like turbulence which seemed plentiful today. Starting about 100 miles outside of Seattle the swaying and bumping began due to a strong front that is pressing in from the ocean. The flight onward to Las Vegas was much the same starting at takeoff and lasting for about half the trip. 

Above the clouds we saw light as we bounced along …
Heart 1 Comment 0

But upon arrival we found a fairly empty airport, all bags and trikes accounted for and no visible damage although the trike boxes took a beating. Rental car went quickly although I had to haul boxes both ways when in fact, after the fact, I realized I didn’t. Oh well, lesson learned. 

So much luggage … sure glad the shuttle bus was close.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Tomorrow state #42 … somewhere around the expected rain showers.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0