The Loop North - PedalPushin Southwest 2023 - CycleBlaze

January 17, 2023

The Loop North

Wind - good

Precipitation - nope

Elevation - not an issue

Temperature - high 40’s and low 50’s

So … time to ride what we’ve read about for quite some time. We choose to head north because, well I don’t know. Maybe it was because it was a left turn from our start and we are both left handed. 

Heart 1 Comment 0

First treat was a coyote sighting about 2 miles into the ride. Unfortunately no pictures as he didn’t really want to pose. Oh well … time to keep riding. We also noted that the river / waterway was running quite high probably due to last night’s rain and previous rains. The path was in a good shape and we really had it to ourselves. 

Onward ho … the riding went well as we made our way north and was simply fun to ride a path that was wide enough for multiple trikes. Eventually we came to a blocked path at the Twin Peaks Road. Not being local, we didn’t know whether we should keep going or turn up the road. We opted to turn up the road and then found Scenic Drive Road which was the Arizona we had been dreaming of. Quiet road, cactus of all types lining the road … quite a Scenic Road. 

Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0

Quick snack and it was time to head back so we retraced our route and finally started seeing some other cyclists. Most were road bikes but we did see one recumbent trike and a few folks that were more “recreational”.

Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 35 miles (56 km)
Total: 184 miles (296 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 4
Scott AndersonI can’t believe you’re in town! And that you crossed paths with Rachael! Sorry I missed you.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Rachael AndersonI really enjoyed meeting both of you, today!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Larry MitchellTo Scott AndersonAgreed … we will probably be back this weekend after we dip over to New Mexico.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Larry MitchellTo Rachael AndersonIt was a treat … sure glad I recognized the Bike Friday. We ended the day with a nice 43 mile ride.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago