The Last Ride to Hoover Dam - PedalPushin Southwest 2023 - CycleBlaze

January 26, 2023

The Last Ride to Hoover Dam

The last day has arrived … which was hard to imagine a few months ago when we started putting this trip together. 

Heart 0 Comment 0

So with this in mind, we decided to ride a portion of the River Mountains Trail to connect to the Railroad Rail Trail which winds its way to the Hoover Dam. Parking at the Hemenway Park, we coasted our way down to the trail intersection and rode the rail trail out. Our trikes got a fair amount of attention today so progress was slow but eventually we arrived and walked a short distance to see the dam as well as the new bridge that wasn’t here the last time we were. 

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

The ride back went smoothly and we then decided to continue on the River Mountains Trail to where we were stopped on day one by the wind and rain. The ride back was basically 5 miles of climbing but that just means slowing down. 

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

Then … there is the final boxing of the trikes … about an hour and then it was done. 

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 21 miles (34 km)
Total: 408 miles (657 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 4
Bill ShaneyfeltNice tour! Thanks for posting... helps me get my "desert fix."
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Rich FrasierI love the way you did this one. The short rides, connected by driving, are a great way to cover a lot of ground. Thanks for posting!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Larry MitchellTo Bill ShaneyfeltMost welcome … a great trip overall.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Larry MitchellTo Rich FrasierMost welcome … a different style of exploring by trike that does let you cover lots of terrain and location.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago