Las Cruces and the 62 Barricades - PedalPushin Southwest 2023 - CycleBlaze

January 19, 2023

Las Cruces and the 62 Barricades

Los Cruces really likes its bike path barricades!  We had to navigate 62 of them on our short ride after the long drive from Tucson. On an upright, not so much of an issue but on a three wheel recumbent trike it meant slowing down to squeeze through 62 times.

Heart 0 Comment 0

But back to the beginning … we drove over from Tucson this morning primarily to capture state #46 and to be ready to cycle White Sands National Park tomorrow. Which meant … drive, drive, and drive some more. Once we got to Los Cruces, we found we had a short window to get a ride in and choose the La Llorana trail which then connected to some others. The trail was nice until the connection where the barricades began and then it was stop and go, stop and go until we reached the Burn Lake end of trail sign. The return ride was simply things in reverse and we got back to our starting point as the sun set and what little warmth was left in the sky faded as well. 

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 16 miles (26 km)
Total: 243 miles (391 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 3
Bill ShaneyfeltEagerly awaiting White Sands! One of my favorite places.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Larry MitchellQuite eager to see it too!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Rachael AndersonI think I won’t try this trail!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago