Silver Comet Chief Ladiga Combo - PedalPushin Southeast 2023 - CycleBlaze

February 23, 2023

Silver Comet Chief Ladiga Combo

Heart 0 Comment 0

In “now” world of cycling I’m guessing that many of us start each ride with some technology as so much information is now at our fingertips from weather reports, ride profiles, cycling journals, etc.  I know I do. 

So today, like most days, I consult the weather reports first and today showed for the first time that rain might be part of the ride. I don’t care for riding in the rain, too many past rides have forever tainted me but it looked like we had several hours in the morning to play with and we headed west on the Silver Comet Trail from Cedartown. 

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

The Silver Comet joins the Chief Ladiga Trail at the Alabama border 10 miles from Cedartown. Those miles went quickly, sky looked good, so far so good. We opted to continue on for another 5 miles, same story. Another 5 miles got us to the 20 mile mark and a look at the sky told us we had probably pushed as far as we should. So we spun our trikes around and headed back. 

The ride back went smoothly as we stayed in front of the chasing clouds. We did get sprinkled on for about 5 minutes but nothing of note, not even rain jacket worthy. The rest of the return trip went quickly and we arrived back having clocked 42 miles with no rain. A win any day!

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

Both trails were nice riding although some trail cleaning is in order. The Chief Ladiga was a paved surface 10-12 feet wide while the Silver Comet was concrete and 15-20 feet wide. When we crossed the boundary it reminded of us of many county crossing in lots of other states where the road surface just suddenly changes. 

Today's ride: 42 miles (68 km)
Total: 319 miles (513 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0