Packed and Waiting - PedalPushin Southeast 2023 - CycleBlaze

Packed and Waiting

… the road home currently …
Heart 1 Comment 0

This is what we are hoping to escape for a few weeks. What the picture shows is the snow and sparkling trees and a nice shining sun … what the picture doesn’t show is it’s the middle of the day and the temperature is a crisp -15 Fahrenheit. 

But our flight is coming soon and the trikes are freshly cleaned, maintenance has been done and they are folded and snug in their boxes for the flights south. 

Heart 0 Comment 2
Steve Miller/GrampiesAh the "Shorty Wardrobe" we have been looking at that too, as a way to have a box but not to rely on finding a bike shop with ones they have not yet thrown away.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Larry MitchellOnly modifications I make is to reinforce the hand grips and the last boxes made 8 airplane flights before I decided they were done.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago

I spent time refining our possible journey through Florida, Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi while also coordinating visits with several former Alaskans that have “flown south” to escape the Alaskan winters. The riding looks quite enjoyable, it will be good to see old friends, and maybe we will actually be able to wear shorts. 

If I could only find a way to bring the granddaughters along …

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0