Four Freedoms Trail - PedalPushin Southeast 2023 - CycleBlaze

February 19, 2023

Four Freedoms Trail

Heart 0 Comment 0

Today, fortunately, was slightly warmer than yesterday though we didn’t get riding right away. After a nice breakfast at the Smackin’ Lips Diner, we headed a bit further north to the Four Freedoms Trail, a trail that would take us up to the Georgia border but not quite there due to a river that separates the two states. 

Heart 0 Comment 0

We started the ride midway up the trail as we couldn’t find anywhere to park. So from Hanson we returned to Madison, reversed directions to the river, and then back to the rental. The trail was a mixture of surfaces as we found one section that had a lot of root push-ups that took something away from the tall trees and massive oaks with Spanish moss hanging down. We did encounter several other cyclists and spent some time talking to a couple from Colorado. Turns out she might have taken a statistics class from my mother in the late 70’s and I might have been the high school student who graded her work. Small world …

Heart 1 Comment 0
Georgia is just across the river.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The pine cones are getting bigger as we make our way north.
Heart 0 Comment 0

After cycling we made our way north to Valdosta, Georgia to have a quick lunch with our niece and her new husband who is stationed at Moody AFB and then drove a bit further to position ourselves for tomorrow’s ride. 

Today's ride: 25 miles (40 km)
Total: 183 miles (295 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0