Fort Fraser and Circle B Bar Preserve - PedalPushin Southeast 2023 - CycleBlaze

February 14, 2023

Fort Fraser and Circle B Bar Preserve

Heart 0 Comment 0
Fort Fraser Trail, Florida, State #47
Heart 1 Comment 0

1st riding day … assemble trikes, go for a ride, and hopefully find an alligator. State #47

The Baby Version
Heart 1 Comment 0

The Fort Fraser Trail fit the ticket for a close trail, the trikes took about an hour to reassemble, and after riding the first 10 miles we met some other recumbent trikes who made mention of the Circle B Bar Preserve and the high potential of seeing alligators. 

The ride is fairly straight forward and was a fairly typical semi-urban paved rail trail and sure enough, after the cemetery we found the small side road that led us down to the preserve. The pavement ended and the dirt road began and shortly after we spotted our first alligator. A young one but we accomplished our biggest task of the day. 

Continuing down “alligator alley”, we then spotted a larger alligator, perhaps 6 feet, and then we saw the large alligator, perhaps 12-14 and he certainly owned that small piece of land. 

The Owner of this Area
Heart 1 Comment 0

Then for a highlight, we spotted the female alligator with several babies on the edge of the trail, in the water, about 3 feet away. Pictures were quickly taken, the mom opened her eyes once when a baby cried, and we decided it was time to keep riding. 

Mom … fortunately sleeping
Heart 1 Comment 0

The ride back went easily and we are now ready to start heading a little further north. 

Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 20 miles (32 km)
Total: 20 miles (32 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0