Tanglefoot Trail, MS - PedalPushin Mid-South 2022 - CycleBlaze

October 2, 2022

Tanglefoot Trail, MS

Another day, another state, another trail … seems this is our current theme for this trip. I’d seen some references to the Tanglefoot Trail in Mississippi and given the short distance, we decided to ride the trail before heading to Arkansas. 

Mississippi is not a new state for us as we cycled the Natchez Trace a number of years ago with our kids. One of the first things you notice about this trail is the entrance and the gate arch over the trail. From there the trail simply gets better with excellent pavement and a canopy of covering trees. We saw several other cyclists and heard some real southern gospel singing coming out of a small church along the way. “Joy” ringing out made our day quite joyous as well. 

We also came across a family riding recumbent trikes. The dad said he had bought the bikes the day before and most exciting was the child size trike his daughter was riding. This grandpa is counting the days until his granddaughters can go riding too. 

Lunch was found in a small family diner with all handmade food served in a buffet style for the Sunday brunch. We even got a comment “that’s cadillacin’”

The ride back was equally fun although the temperature did get a bit higher than we are used to and tomorrow, fingers crossed, we will finally enter a new state that we haven’t ridden before. Tonight we are staying in a small town right across the river from Arkansas. 

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 36 miles (58 km)
Total: 572 miles (921 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0