Little Miami Scenic Trail … again - PedalPushin Mid-South 2022 - CycleBlaze

September 21, 2022

Little Miami Scenic Trail … again

Morrow to Corwin to Road Closure, Oh

Our time is coming to an end in Ohio but the road still calls so we went for a longer ride today. 

PedalPushin’s wife’s sister wanted to ride with us so we cycled north on the Little Miami again to Corwin but along the way we came across a group of 4 cyclists with a mechanical breakdown. So I stopped and tried to assist but the problem needed some shop tools and the temporary solutions wouldn’t work. As they were in “tour” mode and we’re headed towards Cincinnati, I gave my uncle a call and he was able to move the broken bike and rider down the road a bit while the others continued cycling. I guess the breakdown is an excellent reminder that bikes needed maintained before a ride, not along the way when problems arise due to a lack of maintenance. 

We then rode back to Morrow sister-in-law alongside and she and I continued down the trail in order to get her a solid 30 mile day. 

Tomorrow morning is our last day in Ohio so we will go for a short morning ride before packing up and heading towards West Virginia and the Greenbrier River Trail.  The TrailLink app describes it as …

“arguably West Virginia’s premier rail-trail, running for 78 miles past remote small towns and through lush forests along the banks of the longest undammed river in the eastern United States. The trail’s accolades include induction into the Rail-Trail Hall of Fame, as well as recognition as a National Recreation Trail and one of 52 Millennium Legacy Trails in the United States.”

Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 46 miles (74 km)
Total: 267 miles (430 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0