Lake Mineral Wells State Trail, TX - PedalPushin Mid-South 2022 - CycleBlaze

October 11, 2022

Lake Mineral Wells State Trail, TX

Day #2 in Texas and a wonderful rail trail to greet our day. 

The Lake Mineral Wells State Trail is a Multi-Use Trail which means walkers, horses, and trikes. We saw all three today which was fun in its own way. The trail was crushed cinders and we started just as a train came by. 

The trail has some gentle up and downs but we enjoyed a peaceful ride. We opted to turn around at a trail closure next to the Vietnam War Museum which was unfortunately closed but we did walk around the outside displays and felt some of the same emotions as when we were at the Vietnam Wall in Washington DC. 

On the way back we also met another couple out Cycling. One conversation led to another and we found out they, too, were on a quest to cycle all 50 states. They were currently in state #46. We shared a few stories and trail recommendations and found out that they were saving Hawaii for their last state having done Alaska this past summer. 

The ride ended well and we prepared to visit yet another set of old friends in the metroplex of Dallas Ft. Worth. 

We are headed into the belly of the beast for our last two days. 

Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 29 miles (47 km)
Total: 817 miles (1,315 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0