Dawkin’s Line Rail Trail - PedalPushin Mid-South 2022 - CycleBlaze

September 27, 2022

Dawkin’s Line Rail Trail


Having found ourselves back in Prestonburg, we took a short ride north to ride the Dawkin’s Line Rail Trail. The trail was a nice cinder trail with good tree coverage and it’s own Civil War history. 

The ride was a bit slow and we spent a fair amount of time cycling behind various residences and with it, dogs. The dogs that weren’t leashed were all quite nice and we did have one session where 5-6 dogs had to come out and have a petting session. With a steady rise, we finally went through a tunnel and then found a Dollar store for some quick food. Lunch was on a pink swinging bench which definitely wasn’t expected. 

We did talk to one local resident who had some strong feelings about the plan to pave the trail and how the 4-wheelers will take over. I’m thinking the gates will probably stop that. 

The ride back was nice and once we cleared the tunnel we had a small decline back. We did find a small cemetery that had the name of some good friends of ours, unique enough that we did some follow-up and unfortunately didn’t find a link. 

We can certainly recommend this trail if you are in the area.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 31 miles (50 km)
Total: 403 miles (649 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0