To Voves - From Paris to Paris - CycleBlaze

October 11, 1993

To Voves

(Hmm - I've blown it.  Now it's Saturday, five days later, on the flight home.  The remainder of the journal is pretty cursory.)

This was a fairly nondescript day, in my memory of it six days later.  We left the Loire about 20k north of Sully, aiming more or less in a straight line for Chartres.  We had a big tailwind all day, which was welcome after a long day yesterday.  There were several attractive and interesting churches and villages along the way - but really my best memory from the day is lunch - for a second straight day we ate from a public market and were lucky enough to find roast chicken again.

Once again, the day started with fair skies that gradually deteriorated as the day wore on, bringing the threat of rain by its end.  We stayed in a small hotel in Voves, a very small town 25k south of Chartres, in the midst of very featureless land remeniscent of the great plains.  We had some difficulty finding the garage around back, to store our bikes - it required a several hundred meter ride around several corners, and we were not entirely sure we had found the right routeuntil we saw a member of the family flag us down from the end of a long back alley.

Today's ride: 80 km (50 miles)
Total: 2,633 km (1,635 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0