To Gossainville - From Paris to Paris - CycleBlaze

October 14, 1993

To Gossainville

This day was much easier than I had expected it to be.  I was uncertain about signing on for a 40k ride through the suburbs of Paris, but much of the course we took followed fairly quiet residential routes or riverside boulevards.  It ended up being quite a pretty and interesting ride, gave us a fairly good look at residential Paris, and validated the wisdom of our decision to skip the hassle of the train.

First though, Versailles.  We arrived quite early, in plenty of time for a tour of the interior and at least a part of the massive gardens before we broke away at about 11 and headed for Paris, hoping to avoid late afternoon traffic.  We arrived at our journey's end at Gossainville, 10k from DeGaulle airport and nearly 3000k from the beginning of our tour back in Fontainbleu.  Our motel room, which we used as our home for the three evenings we visited Paris, was a modern, tight, efficient people warehouse - but actually, quite satisfactory to our needs here.  It was especially nice that it had an automated registration and pin operated door system, making it easy to arrive and depart at any hour. 

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

The first rains began to arrive at about 5, dampening us somewhat on our 1/2k walks to and from the village for a great Italian pizza and calzone feast.

Today's ride: 60 km (37 miles)
Total: 2,798 km (1,738 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0