In Morano Calabro: a photo gallery - In the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies - CycleBlaze

May 8, 2019

In Morano Calabro: a photo gallery

So, we’re five for five: five stays in Calabria, and five fantastic towns.  Morano Calabro, in its entirely distinctive way, is every bit as exceptional as the four coastal gems we visited already.  I think it’s long past time to give due credit to the itinerary planner.  Don’t you agree?

I could exult at length over what an exceptional place Morano Calabro is, but I’m getting behind and the link does a more coherent job than I would anyway.  Read the description in the link, look at the photos (which hopefully I’ll return to and caption sometime soon) and add this town to your must-see list.  And when you come, stay at Albergo Merua and dine at the Michelin-listed L’Antico Borgo.  You’ll be glad you did, we promise you.

Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Overlooking the town from the viewing balcony at Albergo Merua.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Tuna crusted with pistachio, with a side of gelato to dip it into.
Heart 1 Comment 1
White fish with an anise dressing. The regional,cuisine here (as it has been elsewhere in Calabria) is imaginative, and quite different than we’ve experienced elsewhere in Italy.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Albergo Merua: stay here.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Roberto, our delightful and congenial host at Albergo Merua, shares a grappa nightcap with us before bidding us a buena notte. On the iPad is a photo of the blossoms of the yellow gentian the liquor is made from. He assures us that it has great medicinal value. Chin chin!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 3
Jacquie GaudetCredit to the itinerary planner? Of course!! I've already copied from you for two trips and I know I will again.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Scott AndersonTo Jacquie GaudetNice of you to say, Jacquie. And if you’re up for something completely different some spring or fall, I’d be thinking abaout Calabria and Basilicata. Wow!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Jacquie GaudetTo Scott AndersonI am (thinking about it). In combination with Sicily, which I've been thinking about since your previous trip!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago