Day 5: Hailey to Easley Hot Springs - Racpat A Week on the Idaho Hot Springs Loop 2022 - CycleBlaze

June 29, 2022

Day 5: Hailey to Easley Hot Springs

Not on the Harriman Trail

Another fine breakfast by Susan we are off. We ride the 12 mile bike path back to Ketchum.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Susan insisted on sending grapes with us. We enjoy them on our first break.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

We stop at the Sawtooth National Recreation Visitor Center for advice about the campgrounds. The host tells us that most campgrounds will be full. Opposite the visitor Center is the beginning of the Harriman Trail. This looks a bit rough and we decide that we could make better time and conserve energy by staying on the road. We plan to come back with our teardrop trailer and camp near the trail to ride unloaded.

The traffic gives us room and there is a bit of shoulder. 

Patrick finds a treasure. An Idaho License plate with a mountain biker logo. Another one for his garage/workshop
Heart 0 Comment 0

We stop at the Easley Campground rather than reaching the Prairie CreekCG. Here there is a store and a commercial Hotsprings. Patrick buys a cold drink and chips for camp. 

The campground is empty. 

Later in the evening another camper shows up, we stop to talk with the older couple. They are Mike and Becky from New York. Their son now works as a guide in Idaho and they are visiting.

The mosquitos are not too bad, but we get in the tent and read.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Is this the smallest bottle of Jamison ever?
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 29 miles (47 km)
Total: 135 miles (217 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0