New Woman, New Bikes...: ... New Forest - An Old Man in the New Forest - CycleBlaze

March 25, 2013

New Woman, New Bikes...: ... New Forest

Following hard on the heels of Crossing the Water, comes this tour to the New Forest. I've never been to the New Forest before, although Penelope knows it quite well. This three-day tour starts on the above Friday evening, when we get the train from London to Brockenhust, and cycle the five miles or so to the Hollands Wood campsite. The next day is up in the air for the moment, as I have some friends coming over from Paris, and they'll be staying in a B&B somewhere in the area. Lunch or dinner on Saturday is planned, and then On Sunday afternoon, we cycle back to Brockenhurst for the train back home. Nice and easy does it. This is Penelope's second ride out where she isn't going to be coming back to our place to spend the night (the first will be online within the hour, and involves a trip across the Channel in early May), so I don't want to sicken her with too much exertion. I invited TC but he's got other stuff planned up in Scotland. Hopefully, he'll make it down for a jaunt across the Channel later on in the year.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0