New Plymouth to Waitara - NZ North Island Hubs and Scenic Spokes - CycleBlaze

March 17, 2019

New Plymouth to Waitara

Maureen and I had a lovely ride in the New Plymouth countryside accompanied by two other members of the tour.  The route was a combination of what our tour leader prepared and what I had done previously as part of Sara’s block.  I plan to officially create ride on Ride with GPS for Ron in case he wants it in the future.  We rode across an old suspension bridge but instead of reversing our tracks we carried on to Waitara.  I was happy we did that because the climb on the other side of the bridge was much easier than having to climb up what we had descended.  I made a couple of mistakes on the route nonetheless it turned out well and our small group enjoyed it.  We stopped at The Federal on the way back for a nice lunch.  Rest day tomorrow.

The entire family out for a ride but I think the pooch has it best.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Maureen on the lovely cycle/walking bridge on the coastal pathway. If you look closely the top of Taranaki is poking through along the bridge.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We crossed and rode along the waitara river today.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A view of the suspension bridge.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Another.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Maureen at The Fed counter.
Heart 0 Comment 0
My 3 cycling companions at lunch today. Dave notice the NZ flags.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 61 km (38 miles)
Total: 465 km (289 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0