New Plymouth rest day - NZ North Island Hubs and Scenic Spokes - CycleBlaze

March 18, 2019

New Plymouth rest day

The famous green lip mussels of NZ in the grocery store.
Heart 1 Comment 0
A Peruvian Lily.
Heart 0 Comment 1
Bill ShaneyfeltPeruvian lilies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alstroemeria
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
A monument commissioned for the 100th anniversary of the end of WWI.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The local cenotaph, notice SE Asia is there because the ANZACs were in Vietnam.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Tropical hibiscus.
Heart 0 Comment 1
Bill ShaneyfeltHibiscus

https://www.palmers.co.nz/growing-tropical-hibiscus-need-know/
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
NZ has become a real coffee nation. They may not grow it but they do their own importing and roasting.
Heart 2 Comment 0
A flat white.
Heart 0 Comment 1
Gail JohnsonOh how I LOVE ❤️ Flat Whites!!!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
The laundromat where did our laundry, you have to love kiwi humour.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The events in Christchurch have hit every citizen here very hard. This photo of a silver fern on the Sydney opera house is a nice touch by the Aussie neighbours.
Heart 0 Comment 0

After 5 days of travel and cycling Maureen and I both decided we needed a real rest day and New Plymouth seemed the perfect place especially since the next 2 days of riding are mandatory and the most demanding of the tour.  I went for a little light water running session mostly to stretch things out.  After the pool I met up with some local pals once more for coffee.  The main events for the day were laundry at a laundromat, a hair cut and some retail therapy, oh and a brief nap.  We are off again in the AM around Mt Taranaki.

One of the American women on our tour found an NZ Sisters Sauvignon Blanc (Savy) that just had to buy for the Sisters of No Mercy. Thx Sue.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0