Many things in and around Rotorua - NZ North Island Hubs and Scenic Spokes - CycleBlaze

March 25, 2019

Many things in and around Rotorua

Just hanging around in the trees for the 2nd time.
Heart 0 Comment 0

I have decided that today is my last ride since tomorrow is very short so I will walk to the activity instead of riding.  Today was also an action packed day.  We started  with 33km ride that included a stop at the Agrodome to watch a farm show that included introductions to 17 varieties of sheep, a sheep shearing demonstration and watching the dogs work.  I was at this very place in 1986 but somehow it seemed more fun today.  Once back in Rotorua Maureen and I took the Ultimate Canopy Tour ziplining through the trees of an old growth forest.  It was not only fun but educational.  It was just as much fun as the last time.  We ended with dinner where I finally found some more venison to eat.

Sisters get ready for a ziplining adventure in Sooke this summer.

It is fall here now so wet in the morning. I saw many wonderful spider webs covered in dew.
Heart 2 Comment 0
It was a foggy morning on the roads of Paradise Valley NZ not AZ
Heart 1 Comment 0
A bronze statue to the sheep shearer at the Agrodome.
Heart 0 Comment 0
If only I had this skill.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sheep dog at work.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The display of the sheep all rams. To the left they are mostly to eat and to the right it is for their wool. The king Merino is at the top.
Heart 1 Comment 0
A shearing demonstration of a six month old getting its first hair cut. They shear the sheep every 6 months.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We were lead to believe that sheep would come out on stage instead the dog showed us how it was done by herding ducks instead.
Heart 0 Comment 0
In the afternoon we went zipling here is Maureen on her first zip. She loved it despite some trepidations at first.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A stick bug.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The 2 of us on one of the platforms high above the trees.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A Tomtit bird
Heart 1 Comment 1
Scott AndersonFrom this angle it looks like a toy magpie.
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
An NZ male robin that is not happy with the Tomtit in his territory.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Maureen hanging on for dear life on the first zip.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A small tree orchid.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A tree epiphyte beside 1 of 2 suspension bridges.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A beautiful tree fern that was well below us.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Maureen just hanging around.
Heart 0 Comment 0
An NZ Fantail bird. I took my own photo but it came out blurry so this one is off the internet.
Heart 0 Comment 0
At the entrance to the Agrodome.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 34 km (21 miles)
Total: 34 km (21 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0