Lockport, NY to Niagara Falls, Ontario: - Atlantic NorEaster - CycleBlaze

June 12, 2012

Lockport, NY to Niagara Falls, Ontario:

Which way to the falls?

We needed to take advantage of what was supposed to be a short window between two rain events so we scheduled a short day. Of course we made it 5 miles more difficult after crossing the border by not taking a close look at the Adventure Cycling map update.

A state and country border this time!
Heart 0 Comment 0

While we were stopped along the roadside studying our map a woman stopped her car and asked us if we knew the way to the Falls. What is it about us that makes it appear is if we have any idea where we are? Our wi-fi signal is marginal and we don't want to incur international cellphone roaming rates so I'm not going to upload any pictures until another day. I already lost a paragraph of text when the network connection was lost. $44 room tonight.

The Niagara River crossing into Canada.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The bridge was impressive from below also.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Hydropower electricity.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Everybody has seen pictures of the Falls before, so I thought I'd spice this one up a bit.
Heart 0 Comment 0
When the rainbow appeared, I had to take another picture.
Heart 0 Comment 0
One of the Wallenda's is walking across the falls on a tightrope Friday night. When we cycled in to town we happened to see him practice on a side street. He must have done some practice walks this evening. A helicopter carried the cable across to be suspended by two cranes.
Heart 0 Comment 0
There were light trucks everywhere. We saw the cranes that would be used to suspend the cable across the Falls. Many people were staying to watch the preparations, but once again the "Party Animal Fritsch's" headed back to bed early.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 33 miles (53 km)
Total: 1,619 miles (2,606 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0