Drexel Hill Rest Day: - Atlantic NorEaster - CycleBlaze

May 21, 2012

Drexel Hill Rest Day:

A Nor'easter sidelines us on our Atlantic Nor'Easter tour

Kevan and Margie graciously welcomed us to stay overnight and encouraged us to stay the next day as a summer Nor'easter churned up the Atlantic Coast. We got up early at 5:30 and checked the weather services and decided we should take a day off to avoid a chilly wet day. I can use additional sleep and Rhona's knees can use a day off the bike.

I hadn't seen cousin Kerri for several years although her son Nicholas makes it regularly to our Fritsch family reunion each summer. He's a pretty good volleyball player.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Kevan and Margie were driving back from Margie's graduation from Western Pennsylvania (she was awarded a Masters in Nursing at Wheeling Jesuit College) when we finally connected by phone. When Kevan phoned we had just learned we would pay $259 for a hotel room in Conshohocken. They promised to charge far less.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Of course while staying as guests in the home of our hospitable cousin we ended up setting our breakfast on fire in the toaster oven. These started as pita rounds. You wouldn't believe how long they burn once they really get started (there are stories that native American's used to set them on fire when sending smoke signals). Unplugging the toaster oven in the event of fire (as a decal on the oven directed) had absolutely no effect on the burn rate.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Not for the last time on this trip information from the Weather Channel led to a decision to delay or shorten our day's route which proved to be unnecessary as nary a drop of rain fell in spite of 100% chance of heavy rains.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0