Patti's first day: Easy coffee ride - New Zealand Cycle Adventure - CycleBlaze

December 22, 2016

Patti's first day: Easy coffee ride

As usual I am awakened by the amazing vocals of the Tui bird. They are capable of multiple sounds because apparently they have 2 voice boxes. This morning we met up with a local group that do a nice gentle coffee ride along the coastal pathway with a few additional paths. Patti's bike has not arrived so she borrowed Ham's bike and shoes so she could come along. It was forecasted to rain but we managed to get it all done before it started. It was a perfect ride for Patti to shake out the cobwebs of her long travel and adjust to riding on the other side. After the ride the group stopped for coffee at lovely place on the water called The Bach. Apperantly coffee and new cafés are all a rage here so for coffee lovers this is the place. Did a little shopping this afternoon and purchased some nice Sauvignon Blancs or as they say here Sav Blanc. The weather has turned to a beautiful afternoon so just relaxing and enjoying the warm weather.

This a Tui bird also known as a Parson bird because the 2 whilte ball on its neck look like a parson's collar. This photo was taken by me on the South Island on my last trip to NZ.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The bridge on the cycle path.
Heart 0 Comment 0
At The Bach for coffee after the ride.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 43 km (27 miles)
Total: 72 km (45 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0