Off to Kerikeri - New Zealand Cycle Adventure - CycleBlaze

January 3, 2017

Off to Kerikeri

We only had a short drive today so we took the slow route along the coast as much as we could stopping along the way. We had a great start with farm fresh eggs and home made bread prepared by our hosts. We took a long time to get to KeriKeri sightseeing and driving the coast road. We stopped to sort some scuba diving/snorkelling for later in the week and to visit Paihai and Russel.

Our breakfast consisting of farm fresh eggs laid yesterday and home made bread.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The morning view from my bed including the chicken coop. Some morning haze on the hill tops but no rain.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Wine bottle caps for my soft boiled eggs. Another reason for screw caps instead of corks.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Late in the day Bay of Islands from Russel.
Heart 0 Comment 0
NE coastline with Little Barrier Island and Great Barrier Island in the distance.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Ferry to Russell. This town was once known as the Hell Hole of the Pacific due to its reputation as a town of ill repute. Sailors and whalers after months at sea would come to this town to let off steam so use your imagination for the rest.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Bay of Islands
Heart 0 Comment 0
Bay of Islands off Paihai
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0