Last day in New Plymouth: Up to Pukeiti - New Zealand Cycle Adventure - CycleBlaze

December 28, 2016

Last day in New Plymouth: Up to Pukeiti

The day started with a 65km ride of which the first 22 were uphill from sea level to 1800ft. We rode back to Pukeiti where we had been the day before by car. It was a good slog but nothing we couldn't handle besides the downhill on the other side was great fun. We now have an NZ chapter for the Sisters of No Mercy because they can certainly out ride me. Once down the mountain we rode all the way to the sea for a coffee stop. After coffee we rode back along the Coastal pathway with a nice tail wind. Once home we packed up the bikes since we are heading off in the AM. There was a good blow on this afternoon so we went to watch some kite surfers.

Patti with Fleur and Sara who are the founding members of the NZ chapter of the Sisters of No Mercy.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The best view of Mt Taranki that we have had all week. Originally named Mt Egmont by Captain Cook in 1770 the name was changed to its Maori name Taranaki in 1986. Many of the locals still refer to it as Eggie.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Me riding the great downhill.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Patti and Mt Taranaki.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Coastal pathway and the wind wand on the waterfront.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Kite surfers this afternoon.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 65 km (40 miles)
Total: 232 km (144 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0