Boxing Day: 18 holes at Ngamotu - New Zealand Cycle Adventure - CycleBlaze

December 26, 2016

Boxing Day: 18 holes at Ngamotu

After cleaning up from Christmas festivities we played golf at Ham and Sara's club called Ngamotu (pronounced na-moo-too, the g is silent). We had a little match the Kiwis against the Canadians but unfortunately we lost. We dug ourselves into a big hole on the front nine and could not get out of it in time to win the match. Nonetheless a good time was had by all and there were even some good scores. I shot 83 and had 3 birdies on the back nine. Patti had a very respectable 93. Ham shot 74 and Sara was 88. This is a lovely course and challenging enough and for a very reasonable price. The regular green fee is $50 but we paid $30 as a guest of a member. After dinner we went to a free concert in a park and took in the Festival of Lights.

A Pukeko in the yard this AM. We also saw some on the golf course.
Heart 0 Comment 0
#6 the signature hole, a par 3. On a clear day Mt Taranaki can be seen in the distance.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Along with the Pohutukawa trees these Norfolk pines are everywhere. You don't want to hit you ball into them because the branches act like a catchers mitt.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our hosts Ham and Sara outside of the club.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Concert stage.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Festival of Lights photos X3.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0