Travel days. - Near Paradise after 30 years of marriage - CycleBlaze

Travel days.

Ugh, I hate to drive. I know many people enjoy road trips. I drive a school bus. That is plenty of driving for me.

Oren drove two days from Arkansas to reach us in Colorado. We drove a full day to Idaho Falls and a partial day to Missoula. In the end, the drive wasn't as horrible as I anticipated.

We made a stop at Open Road Bicycles in Missoula for a folding tire and a souvenir water bottle. They have a crazy good selection of folding tires, including several choices in 650B. 26" tires are definitely not a popular size now. 700's appear to be in.

We are at the Super 8 Motel on Reserve Street. They have a truck parking area where we can leave the truck at no charge for six weeks.

We've unloaded the bikes and taken them for a spin around the parking lot. Everything works. Oren did note that Jacinto's rear fender is broken, but it appears to have been that way for awhile. Oren had some Gorilla Tape to keep it from rattling.

Jacinto and I just finished our warm up tour, see the photo below. We've had three days off of the bike and we are ready to ride!

Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0