Dust Cloud: lots of inferstructure inprovement in a presidencial stronghold - We're So Happy We Can Hardly Count - CycleBlaze

August 17, 2016

Dust Cloud: lots of inferstructure inprovement in a presidencial stronghold

This evening I've halted at another old road campsite. Well, more a big cutting through a hillside which was never used, looking to have been excavated about 30 years ago by the vegetation growth.

with tent up I sit relaxing listening to the continuous shrill sound of grasshoppers, or whatever makes that sound. The legs feel burned out. The outside of the left leg sunburned, this being the first day I've ridden bare-legged as the temperature rises while loosing altitude. I need to have a laydown for a few hours before writing more.

Midday and the countryside is starting to look nice.
Heart 0 Comment 0
13.00, according to my watch and plant is parked up for lunch, here approach Padille.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A steep downhill and equally steep uphill the other side detour. Note the water-truck spraying water to keep down dust. I got a soaking passing it, but the temperature is about 30 degrees, it felt good.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Right: cutting for new road. Left: future old road cyclist campsite, hidden behind remaining hill.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Difficult uphill terrain ahead just as I'm looking for a level spot to camp.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Camped on a rare patch of grass assuring a comfortable bed for the night.
Heart 0 Comment 0

The road near enough the whole way today was under construction. This department judging by the amount of pro-president approval daubed on walls is a president Evo Morales stronghold. And, with billboards where he stands side-by-side with local governor to say the finance for the road building scheme is due to his government. Also other billboards to do with the Morales government installing a mains water supply. So most people supposedly see an improvement in their everyday life. However, he has changed the constitution so he can be voted into office for life, as well as making lots of other big changes which unfairly favour indigenes people at the expensive of criolle and European origin peoples, which will make his re-election a certainly. A kind of elected dictator.

The new road still being worked on was paved most of the way to Padillo, which I reach for lunchtime. Thereafter, the afternoon was one riding through clouds of dust from constant passing big tipper-trucks drawing road-building material, and many detour temporary road sections where graders and other plant worked on the main road. This evening though I've reached where the new road construction hasn't reached thus far.

Today's ride: 55 km (34 miles)
Total: 12,212 km (7,584 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0