Mount Pleasant to Murray Bridge - A Little Ride Around Murray Bridge - CycleBlaze

May 1, 2022

Mount Pleasant to Murray Bridge

Last day. It was colder last night and the body is feeling a bit tired this morning. Still the galahs think it's time to rise and shine, so up I got.

Morning coffee at the bakery, with a yummy bacon and egg roll. Not bringing cooking gear for this trip has been fun, for a short tour. I think I'd get sick of it on a longer ride.

We follow the Kidman Trail this morning.
Heart 0 Comment 0

First a dramatic photo for the day.  So blue!

Dramatic photo for the day
Heart 1 Comment 0

The day was uneventful and we decided to try and drop into Monarto Zoo.  As we cycled along we where discussing just how to sweet talk the lady/man at the zoo toll booth to let us in. In the past you paid outside the zoo and then drove into the car park before you could see any of the zoo.  But thats were the coffee was and our main goal :-) 

As we approach Monato Road we found a new sign pointing us to the zoo entry turning left.  Not what we expected but what the heck we following it, looking for the coffee.  

Wow, the new entry is stunning.  Plus no need to sweet talk anyone, you can ride right in and enjoy lunch on the lawn plus coffee without having to pay an entry fee. Yay!

Monarto Zoo Entry
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lunch with a view
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sculptures out the front.
Heart 0 Comment 0

After lunch it was mostly down hill to Murray Bridge and around to the caravan park to collect Kevin's car and await my ride home.

It was a great few days riding.  Nice to back on the bike and camping again.

Note: Months later I got to experience the track around the other side of the zoo. Some parts were very sandy, and would have not been pleasent with fully loaded bikes.

Today's ride: 71 km (44 miles)
Total: 165 km (102 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0