To Paris - Reaching New Heights - CycleBlaze

September 6, 2021

To Paris

I made it to Paris and now have my Pass Santiaire!

It was all rather easy, considering the pre-trip anxiety I had about getting the tests and various  paperwork in order. They asked for my vaccination card when checking in at Raleigh, but nothing more was required to board the flight to CDG. The flight arrived in Paris at the same time as an Air Canada flight so the lines were a bit longer to get through customs.  Again, only my passport and CDC vaccination card were needed and I was stamped in without questions. I took a taxi to my usual Airbnb (no health pass needed) and soon found myself in the familiar environs of the 15th Arrondissement. 

After a catnap and shower, I made the short walk to the 15th Marie, the local town hall, to see about getting a Pass Sanitaire. I filled out a short health form, showed my CDC vaccine card and latest PCR result. The relevant data was entered and voila, I got my documents and a permanent QR code. It was also possible to get a booster - a third shot of the Pfizer vaccine. I declined at the time, but likely will go back before leaving for Munich later this week.

I was elated walking back home, clutching the documents to my chest. I downloaded the TousAntiCovid App and scanned the QR code into my phones - I am now set to enjoy all that Paris has to offer. The app informed me that 77.8% of France is vaccinated - 8 M in Paris - and that Covid cases are on the downswing. All good signs for what’s ahead.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 13
Comment on this entry Comment 11
Kevin StevensTown hall, eh? Thanks for the tip! We'll give it a try!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Rachael AndersonGreat news! Have a great time in Paris!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Scott AndersonHooray! I’ve been holding my breath waiting to hear you’d arrived. Dinner in Salzburg on the 13th?
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Susan CarpenterTo Kevin StevensKevin - the Marie in the 15th was listed as a testing and vaccination site so that’s what led me there. Not sure if it’s true for all the Marie’s, but worth investigating. Sorry to hear about your large crank. Culture Velo in the 15th was able to help me with my disc brakes a couple of years ago- they have several locations in the Paris area. Are you coming into Paris today? I’ll be here if you need any help, want to grab a coffee.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Susan CarpenterTo Scott AndersonHi Scott
Hooray indeed!! I am still planning on dinner on the 13th - very much looking forward to it. In fact I may try to get to Munich a day earlier than planned in case there are unexpected delays in getting to Salzburg. See you soon!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Susan CarpenterTo Rachael AndersonThanks Rachael. I’m looking forward to dinner with you and Scott on Friday!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Kevin StevensTo Susan CarpenterHi Susan, we're off to a late start but we're riding in to the city shortly to visit bike shops. I think we're not going south of the river today. Will you still be in Paris tomorrow? We will pass through the 15th on our way to Versailles and could meet then!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Susan CarpenterKevin - good luck with the bike shops today. They’re usually quite helpful and will point you to another store if they can’t help.
I will be in Paris tomorrow and would love to meet up if it fits in your schedule/route. I can easily meet you most anywhere in the city, at a time that works for you. My gmail name is susanlongcarpenter if you want to coordinate by email, or we can figure out text/WhatsApp.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Rich FrasierWow, great work! Pass sanitaire and the tous anti-Covid app! You are very French now. Welcome back!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
ann and steve maher-wearyHi Susan
Welcome and what good news.
Thanks for the suggestion of getting water at the cemeteries.
Happy cycling
Ann
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Betsy WestYea! Glad to know the French are on top of this. Onward!!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago