Naci en la India, trabajo en EE.UU, corazon en Colombia - "It keeps getting better" - CycleBlaze

July 16, 2022

Naci en la India, trabajo en EE.UU, corazon en Colombia

Rioloro, very tiny but beautiful pueblito
Heart 5 Comment 1
Keiko PetroskyYou look happy Girish!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago

Today we rode from Rioloro to Pitalito. As usual we got encouragement from a lot of Moto, autocarro, volqueta and common Colombians. That's been the common theme everyday. Everyone honk, cheers us on, give us thumbs up as if we are part of Tour de Colombia race.

Rioloro is named after this Loro de Rio..
Heart 2 Comment 0

The route was a lot of suvida and bahada but the scenery were again out of our imagination. At one point we rode down to the level of river Magdalena and it's a huge river with very fertile banks. So again we started riding along cocoa, cafe and mas fruita fincas.

We rode under a lot of humongous trees that were filled with bromeliads, wild orchids and mas avis.

Timana was a pretty town with a beautiful Iglesias.

Iglesias de Timana
Heart 2 Comment 0

After over-indulging in a few coco helados we hit the road towards Pitalito. A storm was brewing and cielo, tierra looked beautiful.

We were entering the town and  truck pulled in front of us. The driver asked what we were doing and then handed us two ice cream cones. This kind of kindness has been the theme of Colombia for us. 

Strangers showering kindness
Heart 4 Comment 2
Keiko PetroskyDo you speak Spanish Girish?
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Girish HemashettarUn poco...aprendo Espanol en ruta..:-)
Reply to this comment
1 year ago

You are welcome to believe in Netflix and stay home or experience the generosity, love, care, encouragement of strangers.

Today's ride: 55 miles (89 km)
Total: 267 miles (430 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0