Paris - A Miraculous Tour Around France and Germany - CycleBlaze

August 1, 2017

Paris

The 24 hour and 30 minute trip from Brisbane to Paris was surprisingly painless and much to my surprise I slept much of the way. Everything arrived and our transport soon whisked us into Paris to our hotel. Bike assembly was the next item on the agenda and again it all went together relatively easily. By then we both felt exhausted and I think that we were the earliest people eating in Paris last night. We went to this fantastic Creperie that we knew not far from the hotel and had a galette each and split a bottle of delicious Cidre from Normandy - it made us feel that we were really in France again.

It must have been only 7pm when both of us were fast asleep and considering the time shift we had experienced we slept well until just after 6am. Now of course for the delights of a French Boulangerie with coffee and delicious pastries. There was a shop we wanted to visit and we felt proud of ourselves finding it, only of course to find that it was shut on Tuesdays. Would we wait in Paris another day? I dont think so, so we walked and walked to find an alternative.

The fact that our ride started in central Paris was scaring me. There are however lots of cycle paths and many many cyclists, it looks such a cycle friendly city,. We decided that perhaps it was a good idea to try things out before we set out in the morning. So around the block we went, I felt very nervous at first but all went well and at the end of our 2.2km ride I felt a confident Parisienne cyclist.

Now back in our room we are having some lovely Jurancon wine before we go out to dinner, I think another galette would hit the spot .

The end of a long day - w a terrible look on my face
Heart 0 Comment 0
Breakfast
Heart 0 Comment 0
Early morning on the Seine
Heart 0 Comment 0
The cycle paths are great
Heart 0 Comment 0
And this one for you Steve
Heart 0 Comment 1

Today's ride: 2 km (1 miles)
Total: 2 km (1 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0